NLGI 90TH ANNUAL MEETING | JUNE 4 – 7, 2023 | HOTEL DEL CORONADO | SAN DIEGO, CA USA
With more than 1200 alumni, NLGI’s Basic Lubricating Grease Course is the world’s foremost foundational training class for the global grease industry. This course provides an excellent overview of the types of greases, thickeners, base oils and additives. The methods of manufacturing, testing methodology and their use in bearings and in industrial and automotive applications are also covered. Topics include the following:
- Basic Grease Course Overview & Introduction to Greases
- Base Oils
- Performance Additives
- Grease Manufacturing
- Grease Packages and Dispensing
- Grease Testing
- Grease Selection and Recommendations
- Industrial Applications
- Automotive Applications
- Trouble Shooting
This course provides advanced instruction regarding specific types of greases, grease chemistry and specialized applications. There is an increased focus on high-value specialty greases and their manufacture and use. Topics include the following:
- Advanced thickeners – lithium complex, aluminum complex, calcium sulfonate complex and polyurea
- Specialized raw materials – polymers, synthetic base stocks, solid additives
- Applications – tribology, advanced grease lubrication, advanced grease tests
- Incidental food contact greases
A standard that certifies that an individual possesses a defined level of expertise in the field of lubricating grease. Certification indicates that NLGI recognizes the individual as a grease expert. Certification is awarded after an individual passes a two-hour exam that consists of 120 questions about lubrication fundamentals and grease types, selection, manufacturing, applications, maintenance, testing, etc.
This certification is offered during the NLGI Annual Meeting (once per year).
- The 2023 NLGI Annual Meeting will be held in San Diego, CA, USA, at The Hotel del Coronado, Jun 4 – 7, 2023.
- Please view our Annual Meeting registration/pricing information for more details.
- Recommended Study Materials
- Renews every 3 years
- Renewal fee $150 USD
- Renewal criteria
Certification is an indicator that the individual possesses a high level of expertise in the field of grease. NLGI recognizes CLGS certified individuals as grease industry experts. CLGS certification will serve as a useful tool for employers to screen potential employees and for OEMs and end users to ensure that consultants and suppliers are qualified to make grease related recommendations.
Click Here to See All CLGS Holders.