Biography Piet M. Lugt
Senior Scientist at SKF Research and Technology Development and Full Professor Tribology-based Maintenance at the University of Twente
Piet Lugt studied mechanical engineering and tribology at the University of Twente in The Netherlands (MSc. 1988, PhD. 1992).
He worked at the Technical University of Delft until 1995 when he joined SKF Research where he has fulfilled several positions in Tribology and Lubrication, presently as a Senior Scientist.
He has been a part-time Professor at Luleå Technical University, Sweden, from 2005-2008 and has a (part-time) chair at the University of Twente in “Tribology-Based Maintenance” since 2011.
Piet has written the book “Grease Lubrication in Rolling Bearings”.
His presentation on Monday, June 10, 2019 will cover:
- Theoretical developments
- Calculation models
- New test methods
- Using field data to improve performance
- Extrapolation/upscaling rules
- Remaining grease life using grease analysis
- Impact of contamination (particles/water) on grease life
- Grease for ball versus roller bearings
- Sealing properties and seal lubrication
- Compatibility grease/bearing components
- Impact of EP/AW on bearing life