- Typical temperatures in Tucson in September range from the low 70s overnight and up to the mid 90s degrees during the day.
- Tucson is the Mountain Time Zone but does not observe Daylight Savings Time so it is two hours behind the Midwest or Central Daylight Time. (10 AM in Kansas City is 8 AM in Tucson).
- Attire for the meeting is business casual and comfortable shoes are encouraged. Meeting room temperatures can vary so a light jacket or sweater is encouraged. Our evening receptions will be held outdoors or partly outdoors.
- Beginning May 3, 2023, US Department of Homeland Security mandates that U.S. travelers must be REAL ID compliant to board domestic flights and access certain federal facilities. A passport is an acceptable form of identification and may be used in lieu of a REAL ID Drivers License or ID to board domestic flights and visit federal facilities. Click here for more information.
- All annual meeting participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 health screening waiver before picking up their badge.
NLGI is pleased to be moving forward with its in-person annual meeting September 27 – 30, 2021 in Tucson, AZ. NLGI prioritizes the health and safety of all attendees, staff, and partners by respecting and complying with hotel, local, state, and federal COVID-19 restrictions, mandates, guidelines, and protocols. Given the evolving nature of the pandemic (including the spread of the Delta variant), NLGI will continue to monitor actively any changes in these restrictions, mandates, guidelines, and protocols, and we reserve the right to implement other measures to ensure optimal health and safety conditions in all environments where in-person interactions take place during the annual meeting.
The NLGI Leadership asks for your continued support, flexibility, cooperation and understanding as we move forward to present a safe and successful event. Attendees’ commitment to act responsibly with respect to their own health and the health of others at the annual meeting will be critical to its success.
Attendees, staff, and partners should stay home and should not attend the NLGI annual meeting if they have tested positive for COVID-19, are awaiting their COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or of they have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVD-19 or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
Failure to abide by the NLGI and/or Hotel protocols may result in removal from the meeting and/or Hotel.
- Practice appropriate hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette onsite
- Vaccines are encouraged but not required to attend the NLGI Annual Meeting
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Mask covering over your mouth and nose will be required at all times indoors except when eating (this is a recent change as mandated by the hotel)
- Follow the directional signage regarding entering and exiting meeting spaces
- Do not share pens/pencils/phones
- Honor other attendees’ personal choices regarding distance and personal contact
- Abide by all Hotel rules/policies
- Abide by all federal, state and local regulations
- Additional protocols found HERE
Hotel COVID-19 Information:
The hotel is also taking steps to ensure safety for their guests and staff. As a result, some services may be different than in the past and/or may be limited. For example: Gyms and work out facilities may be closed and/or limited in hours of operation and number of guests. Valet, Spa and housekeeping services may be limited or unavailable. Food and beverage outlets may be limited, reservations may be required and capacities may be limited. Please visit the Hotel’s Safety & Well-Being Protocols on a regular basis for updates and additional information.
Please visit the NLGI and Hotel websites on a regular basis for updates and additional information.
- During the registration process you will be asked sign NLGI’s liability waiver including protocols and guidelines set forth by NLGI and will abide by them.
- On-site, you will be required to complete a COVID-19 Symptom Screening Form in order to pick up your badge.
- If you register and then are unable to attend, you will receive a full refund if you cancel prior to August 22, 2021. Beginning August 23, 2021, attendees may cancel; however, registrants will only receive a 50% refund.
- If the entire event is cancelled by NLGI, full refunds will be issued to all registrants, sponsors and exhibitors.
If you still have questions, please contact the NLGI office at [email protected] or 816-524-2500.