Offered once per year during the NLGI Annual Meeting, this in person course is a great way to obtain additional knowledge about the industry, prep for the Certified Lubricating Grease Specialist (CLGS) exam and more.
With more than a 1200 alumni, NLGI’s Basic Grease Education Course is the world’s foremost foundational training class for the global grease industry. This course provides an excellent overview of the types of greases, thickeners, base oils and additives. The methods of manufacturing, testing methodology and their use in bearings and in industrial and automotive applications are also covered. Topics include the following:
- Basic Grease Course Overview & Introduction to Greases.
- Base Oils
- Grease Manufacturing Overview
- Manufacturing – Open Kettle
- Manufacturing – Contractor
- Manufacturing – Continuous
- Grease packages and Dispensing
- Grease Testing
- Grease Selection and Recommendations
- Industrial Applications
- Automotive Applications
- Environmental & Safety