Application Development Engineer
Molykote Specialty Lubricants by DuPont
Midland, MI, United States of America
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
The Dupont® MOLYKOTE® business provides high-performance specialty lubricants enabling engineered solutions for the most demanding applications and environments, with focus in Automotive Electric Vehicle (EV/HEV/FCEV) and advanced industrial applications.
The MOLYKOTE® Specialty Lubricants team is seeking an innovative Application Engineer/Developer desiring work within an industrial business demanding strong customer solutions focus. The person will focus on next generation Automotive EV/FCEV/HEV and advanced Industrial application solutions. Responsibilities include understanding customer needs and translating into innovative product solutions, meeting application performance and cost in-use requirements, and collaborating with R&D to develop new products to meet current and future needs. The candidate must be motivated to deliver positive results for the company, ability to work on multiple priorities in parallel, and have a strong desire to apply critical thinking through the scientific method to address issues and challenges, having direct customer and business impact.
Education/Certification and Job Requirements:
- Minimum B.S. (Master’s degree or PhD level a plus).
- Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, or relevant science degree required.
- Six Sigma training, statistics competence or certifications are a plus
- Candidate with a minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated high level of materials and/or mechanical systems competency, lubricating materials and basic tribology knowledge is a plus.
- High level of integrity, thoroughness, creativity, flexibility, initiative, and productive collaborative teamwork is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent interpersonal communication skills are necessary.
- Collaborate directly with end customer design engineers to identify application needs and translate into test design and product solution.
- Lead or participate as a core member of an engineering or product commercialization team.
- Support development of new and modified products to meet customer and market needs.
- Design experiments and use scientific methods to validate application, quality, or new product solutions. Includes learning and understanding various industry standards, and test methods.
- Explore unique properties of low friction coatings, and advanced lubricants creating value-added, differentiated customer solutions.
- Travel at < 25%
- Must be results oriented and a self-starter. Must be able to work independently and in dynamic multifunction teams to deliver on time driven commitments. Expected to bring forward product and process improvement ideas and deliver business goals. Expect to be empowered to make decisions and act to promptly serve customers
- Demonstrated ability to work ideas from initial concept state to full product commercialization. Demonstrated competency in scientific methodology and data analysis tools. Knowledge of chemistry is a must.
- Ability to build relationships and use influence management across all functions. Ability to network internally and externally to drive business and technology goals. Competent customer engagement and interaction is a must.
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.