Manufacturing Process Development Engineer
Molykote Specialty Lubricants by DuPont
Moncks Corner, South Carolina, United States of America
At DuPont, we are working on things that matter; whether it’s providing clean water to more than a billion people on the planet, producing materials that are essential in everyday technology devices from smartphones to electric vehicles, or protecting workers in this global pandemic.
If you would like to be a part of a premier multi-industrial company that is delivering sustainable solutions that bring real purpose and value, of a company with a collaborative spirit because it believes that we work best when we work together as a team and values the diversity of thought, then DuPont is the company for you!
WHY JOIN US?
Our purpose is to empower the world with essential innovations to thrive. We work on things that matter!
Get to know our Purpose and make it yours by bringing innovations to market that improve the world, share a commitment to sustainability that makes our planet better and give back to communities in which we work and live.
Get to Experience a collaborative environment where teamwork is celebrated with flexibility that enhances balance and an inclusive atmosphere that is welcoming to all!
Have the Opportunity to chart your own course, challenge yourself, and acquire new capabilities to build a rewarding and fulfilling career. We reward employees with competitive pay and incentives to recognize skills, competencies, and contributions to business results.
DuPont is seeking an experienced Manufacturing Process Development Engineer for the MOLYKOTE® business to support manufacturing and process development projects at our Cooper River, South Carolina site as well as North American external manufacturing suppliers. This position reports to the Manufacturing Technology Manager and works across multiple functions including manufacturing, supply chain, quality, research & development, and contract manufacturing.
Two locations are available for this role: Cooper River, SC (preferred) or Midland, MI. Moderate travel will be required to meet project objectives and will vary based on project timelines and the individual’s location.
The role requires strong hands-on process engineering & technical skills to safely implement product changes and new product/process designs in manufacturing assets while meeting expectations for efficient production at lowest cost to serve and meeting customer requirements in highly regulated applications.
- Demonstrate personal leadership and accountability being a role model for DuPont core values
- Lead the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and procedures for new products following DuPont’s new product commercialization process and meeting DuPont engineering standards
- Lead and/or be the technical expert for complex product or process changes following DuPont’s product change management process
- For both new products and product changes, work closely with product technology representatives within the R&D function on laboratory scale development and basic data development for scaleup to manufacturing
- Support North America manufacturing operations including external manufacturing suppliers with troubleshooting and resolving process performance issues; lead or support root cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventative actions
- Optimize existing manufacturing process technology/yield/quality performance to maintain lowest cost to serve while meeting customer and market requirements; document & drive standardization and utilization of most effective technology
- Leverage best practices and work processes from other areas within DuPont as well as externally
- Work with R&D, supply chain, and procurement to evaluate and implement raw material changes
- Support or lead competitive technology assessments and multi-year improvement plans for the business and manufacturing assets
- Work with the global technology guardian on business strategic initiatives
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the product and process technology and be a resource to teach and train employees
- Develop and maintain a network of subject matter expertise within DuPont and be a liaison to the business and operations team
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering with prior industrial manufacturing experience. Other degrees may be considered depending on the candidate’s experience.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing operations and/or process development; higher experience levels encouraged to apply; job level and compensation offered to be commensurate with experience.
- Ability to work with others and communicate well in a cross-functional setting and across geographies (US, Germany, Japan); excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work hands-on in both manufacturing and laboratory settings
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex manufacturing / process development challenges and resolve using a team approach and data driven analysis
- Possesses a strong desire to apply fundamental knowledge to problem-solving
- Proven ability to utilize statistical analysis methods to make data-based decisions and drive results
- Proven skills with management of change work practices in a manufacturing setting including new product commercialization and product/process changes
- Project leadership experience
- Strong technical acumen and drive for results
- Experience with lubricant and grease manufacturing
- Experience with batch manufacturing of products for regulated applications
- Experience with high-viscosity mixing / chemistry including silicones
- Experience with process technology advancement
- Experience with contract manufacturing
- Six Sigma, Lean or other continuous improvement experience
- Experience with industry and corporate engineering & EH&S standards
Additional Key Competencies for Success
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and objectives working independently and on teams as well as demonstrate flexibility to take on additional roles to meet site & business needs.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business needs and be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and represent DuPont externally (as needed with suppliers)
Key reasons for you to apply:
- On-going learning and personal development opportunities in a rewarding work environment.
- Start or continue on a career journey that can span different businesses, projects and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Additionally, diversity, equity and inclusion are central to our high-performing culture.
Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us!
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.